Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring Fling

The last two weeks have been very busy for me.  It seems as if all my spare time was spent either cleaning up after someone or cooking food.  I don't mind playing the host, but I do sometimes miss the quiet down time.

My mail activity hasn't been very active recently.  I can blame it on myself, I have been very slow to respond because of my lack in time.  But ever so slowly, I am still sending out mail one piece at a time.

Have you seen the new International Forever stamps?  They're round and have a really nice piece of art depicting the Earth.  I liked them so much I bought 2 panels of them.  (Insert picture here, but my camera is currently broken.... so much to do such little time!)

Do any of you have any experience in hand dying paper?  One of my pen friends sent some aged paper done with coffee or tea.  I was wondering what other effects I could achieve using other materials - I had thought to try Kool-Aid or something similar, but I haven't had the chance to yet.


2 comments:

  1. Most of the stuff I have done gets crinkled up, which I do not love for writing on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Good to see you. You are a full member of the I'm Behind Club. Welcome. :)

    Try instant coffee, a spray bottle and a hair dryer. It's been awhile since I made paper so try with caution. There's a wonderful technique . . . I'll try to find my book. Will holler if I find it.

    Don't stress out over unanswered mail. Letters age well. :)

    ReplyDelete